Sunday, October 14, 2012

Blogspiration



Blogspiration is a weekly meme hosted by GrowingUp YA & Saz101. The meme was created to help spark inspiration among bloggers, readers & writers alike. An inspirational quote/picture/video is posted weekly, on the day of the author's choosing, so that it may inspire creativity, conversation or just a little SOMETHING.

This week is something totally different.  I've been reading  Juliet Immortal and Romeo Redeemed by Stacey Jay, so The Bard is sort of inspiring me this week.  I have some paintings of Shakespeare's characters by John William Waterhouse to share with you.






This one is called, appropriately, Juliet.















This one is Miranda from The Tempest.












This is one of Waterhouse's renderings of Ophelia.















And finally, one of my all time favorite paintings by Waterhouse this one of Titania from A Midsummer Night's Dream.










 
I hope you are as inspired by Shakespeare and Waterhouse as I am this week!  Share what has been inspiring you!

2 comments:

  1. They're soooo beautiful. I especially like the one of Miranda. My Mum and I have always loved the Pre-Raphelites, and that general style - there's just such a strong story quality to the paintings.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Those are gorgeous!! I LOVE the one of Titania. I've always been drawn to faeries and little strobes of mystery and light.

    ReplyDelete