So, I've decided that I really like this wonderful meme, Top Ten Tuesday, started by the wonderful folks over at The Broke and the Bookish. Each week there is a new Top Ten list of books. Hooray!
This week's list.......
The Top Ten Books You Would Recommend to Someone Who Doesn't Read YA.
1. The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins: Well, duh. This one is such a no-brainer, it almost feels like cheating to put it on my list.
2. The Mortal Instruments series by Cassandra Clare: I think that the whole Shadowhunter world is so action-packed and so different that you forget you are reading about teens.
3. The Infernal Devices series by Cassandra Clare: Ditto the above and then add cool historical stuff.
4. Delirium by Lauren Oliver: I think that adults can read this on a whole different level because of our experience with love,
5. Beauty Queens by Libba Bray: Again, I think this book is a totally different read for adults. Plus, there are tons of references that are more enjoyable if you are a grown woman of a certain age. : )
6. Twisted by Laurie Halse Anderson: This is such a compelling story about growing up that I think anyone of any age could relate to it.
7. Amy and Roger's Epic Detour by Morgan Matson: This book is just much fun.
8. Anna and the French Kiss by Stephenie Perkins: This book I would recommend to any female person. Who could not love this book? It is precious!
9. Starcrossed by Josephine Angelini: I am so in love with this book that I recommend it to everyone.
10. Darkness Becomes Her by Kelly Keaton: She already writes for an adult audience so I think her YA book would have wide appeal also. And it's just an action-packed story!
I would also like to give an honorable recommendation to Ditched: A Love Story by Robin Mellom. I would recommend this book to all women who grew up in the eighties!