Friday, January 20, 2012

A Friday Future Read?


So, I'm thinking that I might start featuring a book every Friday that I know I want to read in the future.  They might be new books or they might be old books that I just haven't gotten around to yet.  I mean, as much as I love reading about new books, I wish someone had told me sooner to pick up The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian!  So this will be an equal opportunity feature! : )

The book I'm about to share is what got me thinking about doing this sort of feature.  I have not been this excited about a new book in a while!  Of course,  I love vampires and I have not been so keen on a lot of the current vampire stuff out there (the Blue Bloods series notwithstanding!).  So when I read this one, I was jumping for joy.  Here goes......






Darkness Before Dawn by J.A. London

This electrifying new trilogy blends the best of paranormal and dystopian storytelling in a world where the war is over. And the vampires won.

Humans huddle in their walled cities, supplying blood in exchange for safety. But not even that is guaranteed. Dawn has lost her entire family and now reluctantly serves as the delegate to Lord Valentine, the most powerful vampire for miles. It isn’t until she meets Victor, Valentine’s son, that she realizes not all vampires are monsters....

This book will be released by Harper Collins Publishers on May 29, 2012.  Doesn't it look fantastic!  I know that the cover is very similar to the Fallen series by Lauren Kate, but those covers are gorgeous, in my humble opinion.  So, why not copy them??  This book is like the best of 2 worlds; I get vampires and dystopian society!  Hooray!  I hope it's as good as it sounds!

Add it to your Goodreads account here  .
Pre-order through Barnes and Noble or Amazon.


No comments:

Post a Comment