Tuesday, February 15, 2011

What's sitting on your TBR shelf?

Maybe other people aren't like me.  I have several dozen unread books sitting on my shelves, just waiting for me to read them.  And then I keep buying more books! (Yes, I have a problem, but no, I don't want to seek help for it.)  Just this week, I went to the book fair at my daughter's middle school and purchased 2 books for myself.  I got "Prom and Prejudice" by Elizabeth Eulberg and "The Cupcake Queen" by Heather Hepler.  I had to put them up on the shelf with all the other books just waiting to be read.

There is a point to this post!  I've been trying to figure out how to determine what gets read next.  Granted, I should be reading my lab manual for my class in Classification and Cataloging and memorizing the different areas of the Dewey Decimal system, but why on earth would I want to do that when "Misguided Angel" by Melissa de la Cruz was tempting me?  (Dr. Becnel, if you're still reading this, what I'm really doing is trying to get a head start on the YA lit class I'll be taking with you this summer.  ::grins::) 

So this is what I've decided.  I will not start any new series because then I get sucked in and I have to read even more books.  Instead, I'm going to go ahead and read the "next" book in all the series that I have started.  This is what I have to read:
1.  Misguided Angel by Melissa de la Cruz from the Blue Bloods series (I'm reading it now!)
2.  Linger by Maggie Stiefvater
3.  Beautiful Darkness by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl
4.  Ballad by Maggie Stiefvater

I think this will catch me up with the series books that I"m reading.  Of course, by April, I will also need to read "City of Fallen Angels" by Cassandra Clare. ::squeals::

The next book on my TBR list will have to be "Water for Elephants" by Sara Gruen because I want to read it before the movie comes out, and I won't be able to wait long to go see historical period Rob. :::sighs::  So that book may have to interrupt the series catching up.

That's how I've decided what I"m going to read next.  How do you decide?  I'd love to get some other suggestions in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment