Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Fallen by Lauren Kate

There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.



Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.

Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret... even if it kills her.


Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story. (description from the book website at http://www.fallenbooks.com/)

MY REVIEW
WOW! Fallen angels may have just replaced vampires in my heart! This book was an incredible read. I’m still trying to wrap my head around the whole story, so I hope this review is not too rambling and all over the place.

What did I love? Besides everything, of course? Hmmmmmm……First of all, there were the characters. And what fabulous characters they were! I love Luce and her back story was so intriguing. Arriane is a lot of fun and really, all the reform school students were so unique and so appealing! They were different and it was hard to know what to think about them because I was always wondering why they were in the reform school, so that fact sort of kept me on my toes in regards to the characters and their motivations.

The other thing that I really loved was the way that the mystery part of the story unfolded. Ms. Kate is constantly feeding you just enough information to hold your interest while she keeps you longing for the next page and the next chapter. I literally tore through this book, both longing for and dreading the end!

The angel mythology that is revealed in bits and pieces throughout the book was very intriguing for me as well. In fact, I plan to do a little online research about angels myself now and also look for some books about angel mythology/folklore. I am finding that I am a little bit obsessive about angels right now! This is definitely one of those books that doesn’t want to leave your brain.

Of course, there’s Daniel and there’s Cam. What a fabulous pair of male protagonists/love interests! It’s hard to know for a long time whom you should be rooting for! I think I may need to go buy a t-shirt that says “I <3 reform school boys” or something along those lines!

I loved this book so much that I immediately opened my Nook and bought the sequel, Torment. I could not pull myself away from the story long enough to even write a review of Fallen because I HAD to know what was happening next. If you read this book, and you really must, do yourself a favor and get the second one at the same time so that you don’t find yourself at 2 am wondering if the 24 hour Walmart has a copy of Torment!

This book is a definite A+ for me! Lauren Kate might just be my new teacher’s pet!

No comments:

Post a Comment