Sunday, July 18, 2010

yes, I bought more books, even though I don't have time to read them!

So, even though my professor for this class on Reference Materials gave me enough homework this week to make Albert Einstein sob, I couldn't resist new books!

So, I did go buy Linger by Maggie Stiefvater.  I cannot WAIT to start this book.  I need to finish  
The Forest of Hands and Teeth by Carrie Ryan first.  Only because it's checked out from the library.

So, while I was in the bookstore, I decided to also pick up a copy of Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey.  I have to say, I was skeptical about this book.  But I kept reading recommendations for it.  I was still not 100% sold.

Now, last semester, I had a class in Collection Development.  And in that class, we couldn't select books until we had read at least 2 positive reviews from publications like School Library Journal, Publisher's Weekly, Booklist, etc.  So I did what any good librarian would do.  I looked up the professional reviews on the book.  And I found that they agreed with the recommendations of my GoodReads friends!

So I bought it this weekend.  I"m actually looking forward to reading it.  Which means I"d better get to work on all the heinous assignments on Reference Materials.  BOO!!!  Who wants to worry about Reference Materials when there are books to be read!

No comments:

Post a Comment