Wednesday, July 14, 2010

NEW BOOK RELEASE!

Hooray!  This book just came out on Monday.  I am going to try and go get it at the bookstore this week.  I have to run my oldest daughter to her math tutor's house at 10:00, so maybe I'll take the 2 year old and run to get it before we pick up the 12 year old!  Of course, I won't have much time to read it with another graduate school class on Wednesday night.  ::sighs::  I really want to be a librarian, but these classes are seriously cutting into my reading time! : )

If you haven't read the first book in this series, Shiver, run to your nearest book store or library and find a copy as quickly as you can!  Ms. Stiefvater has a very interesting take on the werewolf legend.  You will love Sam.  He is a wonderful character who has stolen my heart.  I also love the way she introduces each chapter with the current temperature.  That will make sense as you move along in the story.  She also has a very particular style of writing.  Some people don't care for it very much, but I really enjoyed it.  I would probably give the first book a 4-4 1/2 stars out of 5, so I can't wait to see how the second book progresses.  Barnes and Noble, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment