Wednesday, April 3, 2013

The Goddess Inheritance by Aimee Carter


Book:  The Goddess Inheritance
Author:  Aimee Carter
Publisher:  Harlequin Teen
Date:  Now available
Source:  Publisher via Netgalley
My grade:  A

Love or life.
Henry or their child.
The end of her family or the end of the world.
Kate must choose.


During nine months of captivity, Kate Winters has survived a jealous goddess, a vengeful Titan and a pregnancy she never asked for. Now the Queen of the Gods wants her unborn child, and Kate can't stop her--until Cronus offers a deal.

In exchange for her loyalty and devotion, the King of the Titans will spare humanity and let Kate keep her child. Yet even if Kate agrees, he'll destroy Henry, her mother and the rest of the council. And if she refuses, Cronus will tear the world apart until every last god and mortal is dead.

With the fate of everyone she loves resting on her shoulders, Kate must do the impossible: find a way to defeat the most powerful being in existence, even if it costs her everything.

Even if it costs her eternity.



Initial Reaction
Oh my God!  She went there!  I can’t believe she went there!!!

Cover Story
Harlequin Teen seems to be struggling some in their cover department.  While this one wasn’t as bad as the second one in this series, neither of them are as good as that first cover.  They just look……cheesy.  The title is good though.

What’s the Story?
So, this book picks up almost in the middle of the sentence where book 2 left off.  I’ve been dying to get this book since I finished Goddess Interrupted and it did not disappoint.  This novel probably had the most action of all the novels and it was non-stop war and intrigue until the very satisfying conclusion.

This is probably a bit of spoiler, so beware if you don’t like them!  I just want to say that Aimee Carter, you have some giant cojones!  You killed one of your well-loved characters and left that person dead and I really respect you for that!  Yes, I shed many tears for this character, but that made it more real to me than an ending where no one dies or sacrifices anything.  It was way better than that book-that-shall-not-be-named where there’s an anti-climactic fight scene and strange babies with werewolf pedophilia….just saying.  It may be wrong, but I now judge books by whether or not they can step up to the plate and do what must be done to end the book realistically.  And this one passed with flying colors!

It was nice to discover some unknown things about Kate in this novel and to see the gods in action, so to speak.  I am still completely in love with Henry and I am hoping that James finds a nice girl too.  There’s only one thing that sort of bothered me in this novel and that is Kate with her hero complex.  In fact, some of the other characters bash her for it a little bit, and I totally agree with them.  But I guess every character must have some sort of flaw.  I just wish hers wasn’t so grating on my nerves.

I don't want to give anything away and I feel like writing too much will do that, so I will just let it suffice to say that this book was great and I feel completely happy with the way the series ended.  You can't ask for more than that, right?

The Soundtrack

Love Song by 311


Bittersweet by Within Temptation


Are You the One? By Within Temptation


This Is War by 30 Seconds to Mars


Running Up That Hill by Kate Bush



The final grade
My final grade is an A.  Despite Kate’s irritating behavior, I was still in love with this book (read Henry) when I closed the last page.  This series left me feeling completely satisfied with the story and the ending.







1 comment:

  1. I really liked this one too, a great end to the series, and i cant wait to see what aimee writes next!

    ReplyDelete