Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday




Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is:

Top Ten Settings I’d Love to See More of


                     

Hogwarts-- I'm not gonna lie here.  If JK Rowling announced tomorrow that she was going to write more books set at Hogwarts,  I would not need the rest of this list.  Just sayin'.....

Paris-- I love Anna and the French Kiss and Die For Me.  I mean, I was a French teacher for 20 years, so this one goes without saying.  And is there any setting more perfect for a love story?  I didn't think so!
Prague--  I've never been to Prague and never really thought much about it, but it's shown up in 3 different books I've read this year, so I'm intrigued.


Celtic Ireland--I love re-tellings of legend and especially ancient Ireland.  I could never read enough books with this setting.



Celtic Britain -- see above.  I love King Arthur re-tellings.




London-- Meant to Be was one of the best books that I read last year and I loved the setting, so it makes me want some more of London.


The South-- As a Southern girl, I have to say that there are just not enough books set in the South.  Look at what a wonderful setting the deep South was for Beautiful Creatures???
College-- I have recently gotten into some of the "New Adult" books that seem to be getting popular now and it's nice to remember my carefree college days, when no kids were whining at me........::sobs uncontrollably::

Victorian England-- Thank you, Cassandra Clare, for an obsession with this time period!  Maybe it's not Victorian England, maybe it's just Will Herondale.....


The Fairy realm-- I love settings where the world is completely different, yet it runs parallel to our own.



What are your favorite settings?  Like any of mine?  Leave me a comment and let me know!
 




 

2 comments:

  1. New Follower :D

    Great minds think alike Tammy; I had Paris and College. I did also think of Hogwarts but I didn't specify Hogwarts. Check out my Top Ten list.

    Angelica @ Paperback Princess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on the need for more Victorian and Celtic England. Great list!

    ReplyDelete