Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Top Ten Tuesday



Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  This week's topic is:


The Top Ten Books I’d Play Hooky With!

To me, playing hooky is when you forget about something you have to do for something you want to do.  Now, I love reading all books, but right now I’m sort of bogged down in books that I “have” to read because of publication dates and getting them up on the blog.  This means that I’m ignoring some that I really WANT to read, so here they are.  I hope I can plan a senior skip day with them really soon!

The Gathering by Kelley Armstrong
    I am dying, dying, dying to read this book.  I love Kelley Armstrong and it just     keeps getting pushed to the bottom!  Kelley, I would totes skip school with you and go drink beer at the lake.





    A Beautiful Evil by Kelly Keaton

    I couldn’t get enough of “Darkness Becomes Her” and I’ve been recommending to random people on the street.  Now that the second book has come out, I’m     dying to read it.





      A Weekend with Mr. Darcy by Victoria Connelly

      I have been soooooo craving a chick-lit book lately.  One that is just light and fluffy and starring Mr. Darcy, the original girl heartthrob.  This book definitely  fits that bill.





        Jessica Rules the Darkside by Beth Fantaskey

        I have wanted to read this one since I closed the cover on Jessica's Guide and now I have it and it just keeps staring at me.  Sort of like Lucius.






          Juliet Immortal by Stacey Jay
            I have wanted to read this book for a while now.  Of course, this really needs to  go on my have-to list since I just got a copy of the sequel.  I love Shakespeare in  modern day stories.







            The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith
              Two things here, peeps.  First, that title is amazing.  Second, there is a hot boy with an English accent.  That explains everything.







              All These Things I’ve Done by Gabrielle Zevon
                 Two words people:  illegal chocolate

                Besides, the awesomeness of  The Hunger Games has me craving a good dystopian.  And this is a futuristic mafia novel!




                Fitzwilliam Darcy, Rock Star by Heather Rigaud
                  Do I even need to explain why I want to read this one???

                  Ok, I will......Mr. Darcy and black leather.






                  Insatiable by Meg Cabot
                     I will never get enough of vampires.  Ever.  Especially when they are well-written vampires.  My guess would be that Meg Cabot’s are well-written.






                    The Carrier of the Mark by Leigh Fallon

                    This book has Ireland in it.  I love Ireland and all things Irish.  Thus, I really,        really, really want to read it.  Erin Go Bragh!







                    So these are the books that would totally convince me to ditch school for the day, even though I'm the teacher!  What books are you going to ditch for?

                    1 comment:

                    1. I need to read Jessica too! I even own a copy. So many books, so little time!

                      ReplyDelete