Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week's topic is:
Top Ten Tips for New Bloggers
- Add links to stuff. It takes more time, but I love it when I can just click on a book in someone's blog and it takes me right to goodreads!
- Don’t worry about the number of followers you have. They will come!
- Join book hops, memes, contests and giveaways. Those are great ways to network and to get your blog seen.
- Make sure you write reviews with substance. I used to write lots of fangirl squeals on goodreads, but on your blog, people want to know what makes the book good.
- Provide a good mix of things on your blog. It might be a mix of genres, or a mix of features, but you don’t want to only post reviews of vampire books!
- Don’t take on so many books from galleys and blog tours that you run out of time to read your own books. (I’m still trying to figure this one out myself.)
- Don’t stress out over your blog. You want to post regularly, but remember, this is a fun hobby.
- Create a pleasant design, but don’t overkill. If it’s too busy, it’s hard to read.
- Make sure that your blog reflects your special qualities and personality. You want to let people hear YOUR voice. If people want to read boring book reviews, they can go to Publisher’s Weekly.
- This is just a pet peeve of mine, but make sure you enable e-mail subscription. I hate it when I find a blog I really like and I can’t get updates through e-mail! In fact, offer many options for your followers to get your blog updates.