Tuesday, August 9, 2011

The Lost Saint by Bree Despain


Book:   The Lost Saint
Author:  Bree Despain
Publisher:
Year:  2011
My grade:  A

A family destroyed. A love threatened. An enemy returns.

Grace Divine made the ultimate sacrifice to cure Daniel Kalbi. She was infected with the werewolf curse while trying to save him, and lost her beloved brother in the process.

Desperate to find Jude, Grace befriends Talbot, a newcomer to town. But as the two grow closer, Grace's relationship with Daniel is put in danger - in more ways than one.

Unaware of the dark path she is walking, Grace begins to give into the wolf inside of her - not realizing that an enemy has returned and a deadly trap is about to be sprung.

Bree Despain delivers sizzling romance and thrilling action in the heart-pounding sequel to
The Dark Divine.

My Review

Is there a secret conspiracy of which I am unaware?  One that forces authors to leave a horrid cliffhanger at the end of the second book in a series?  Because there have been some horrid cliffhangers in second books and The Lost Saint is definitely one of those books!

Now, it had been a while since I had read The Dark Divine, so I wasn’t sure how much I would remember going into book 2.  I didn’t need to worry about anything!  I remembered as I went through and stayed right on top of things without a problem.  I also remembered how much I liked and disliked some of the characters.

Take Jude, for example.  I had forgotten how much I loved him and it was really hard to see him in a different light in this book.  I also forgot how much I disliked Grace’s mother.  That woman is still aggravating as ever!

The story is The Lost Saint was non-stop!  The action was great, there was plenty of mystery and intrigue to be had.  Also, I kept trying to figure out who exactly was being referenced in the title!  That was fun, trying to determine who it was!

I think that I finished this book even more excited about this series than after The Dark Divine.  I had forgotten just how much I liked the first book and this one was even better.  I also think that Daniel Kalbi is now in the running for my favorite werewolf ever! (still a close second behind Derek from Kelley Armstrong’s Darkest Powers series….I think!)

In any case, my grade for this book is an A.  Bree Despain’s writing is great, she keeps the intrigue factor way up and there is a nice bit of sexual tension between Grace and Daniel and possibly others. : )  The story ends on one heck of a cliffhanger though, so beware!  Other than that, it’s a fabulous thrill ride through an intriguing twist on werewolf lore.

No comments:

Post a Comment