Top Ten Tuesday is hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.
This week's topic is:
Top Ten Books I Can't Believe I Haven't Read or That I Want To Read
I realize that YA is not technically a genre, but I’m going to just pretend that it is, ok? Here are some of the books that make my students gasp when I tell them that I haven’t read them:
1. The Book Thief by Markus Zusak This one is really embarrassing. Don’t tell the English department at my school. They won’t be my BFFs any more.
2. Speak by Laurie Halse Anderson Thank goodness book club is reading this one next, so this little problem will be rectified!
3. The Perks of Being a Wallflower by Steven Chbosky I know it’s not an excuse, but I did see the movie……..::hides face in shame::
4. Paper Towns by John Green At least this is the only John Green novel I haven’t read. Sorry John, I realize this probably dashes any hope I had of being able to marry you some day.
5. Almost all of Sarah Dessen’s novels It’s a good thing they didn’t ask this question on the Library Science Praxis. Otherwise, I would never have received by School Librarian certification
8. Crank by Ellen Hopkins All the kids that I give this book to absolutely adore it, but the thought of tackling that much poetry makes me almost break out in hives.
9. Thirteen Reasons Why by Jay Asher There is one word that will explain why I have not read this book-- suicide. Although I avoided The Fault in Our Stars forever because of one word and I regretted that decision…..
10. Maximum Ride series by James Patterson I really have to tackle this series. I know it’s supposed to be great. I just wonder how I will find the time to read the whole thing since there are sooooo many of them!
So here is my horribly shameful list. What’s on your list??